Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Setting native resolution in MDT

One thing I have struggled with in using MDT for enterprise wide imaging is how to set native resolution across various models in the environment. I tried scripted solutions, creative unattend.xml editting, and modification of customsettings.ini to include logic for every model currently in the environment. Unfortunately, I vastly overthought things. As I woke up this morning, I thought to myself, "How would MDT/unattend.xml handle setting the resolution outside of the supported range?" It turns out it does it quite gracefully by setting the display to maximum native resolution.

In short, the two lines below added to customsettings.ini resolved 3 weeks worth of headaches.

XResolution=2560
YResolution=2048

With that - no more ugly desktops after imaging. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment